What We Do
We build, maintain and fly sport aircraft!
And we have a lot fun too!
SAAA Members operate VH-registered aircraft like any other general aviation aircraft owner and pilot with access to the full range of licences, endorsements and access to airspaces.
The range of aircraft typically operated amongst the SAAA community is phenomenal:
- Single / Multi-Engine – Piston / Jet / TurboProp
- Fixed Wing / Helicopter / Seaplane – MTOWs up to ~2000kg
- Wing loadings up to ~40 lb/sq ft
- Cruise TAS up to ~325kts – High Altitude Operations up to ~FL280
- All classes of airspace – VFR / Night VFR / IFR
So you’re interested in buying, rebuilding or modifying an aircraft? Here’s some useful information about how you can go about it with SAAA:
- An overview of how you go about all this with SAAA support
- IPP1 – Amateur-Built Experimental Aircraft
- IPP2 – Can I buy and rebuild an Amateur-built Experimental Aircraft
- IPP3 – Can I buy and rebuild a GA Aircraft as Amateur-built Experimental
- IPP4 – Experimental aircraft maintenance information for LAMEs
- IPP5 – Buying a partially built aircraft project
- IPP6 – I just bought an experimental aircraft
- IPP7 – Manned Multi- Rotor Craft
Bottom line: We like to have fun – fly-ins, events and social activities.
SAAA is a rewarding, fun and exciting place to be!
The SAAA Proposition
Please click here to discover “The nuts, bolts, opportunities and some of the benefits of SAAA Membership – What is available and what it all costs“
And for your convenience and future reference, please click here to find a complete “Summary of the SAAA”
What We Offer
We are a Community
- A Network of Chapters connected by Regional Chapter Co-ordinators located around the country
- Aviators with knowledge, expertise, spirit and the will to help
- Events, Fly-Ins, Socials and Education
- A Safety Program
- A Member Support Program
- A schools build and Fly project program engaging youth along with a strong focus on young aviators.
- A huge range of Member Benefits and Services
We manage the issuance of Special Certificates of Airworthiness for our Member aircraft, and we can maintain our own aircraft – but CASA retains the responsibilities for aircraft registration, pilot licensing and aviation medical certification.
Whatever your particular interest in aviation, the SAAA provides the opportunity to share the experience with fellow enthusiasts.
And do we do EVENTS…..? We most certainly do. Check out this record of an SAAA organised fly-in to Langley Park – the original Perth City landing ground directly in front of the CBD
Members BUILDING and FLYING places……
The SAAA Chapters and Members
Find out where we are!
** Members should proceed to the SAAA Members Support Team page for full details of our various Advisors and their locations **